1. He gave so contradictory a response, so much______that it amazed me.
A. out of character B. in character
C. out of place D. out of date
2. Chinese economic and trade______have promoted the exchange of the advanced techniques with foreign countries.
A. fair B. exhibitions C. productions D. exchange
3.______she were their own daughter, the little girl felt happy enough.
A. Treated as B. Treated as if
C. Treating like D. Treating as if
4. E-mail, as well as telephones,______an important role in daily communication.
A. is playing B. are playing
C. play D. have played
5. We______what Mike said for the time being, but we don't______him in fact.
A. believed in; believe in B. believe; believe in
C. believed; believe D. believe in; believe
6. I'm too tired to go further. If only I______20 years younger!
A. had been B. have been
C. am D. were
7. A______is being built outside the city and when finished our city will have enough electricity.
A. chemical factory B. electricity station
C. power station D. coal mine
8. Be careful when you are driving, or you will be______ .
A. save trouble B. in trouble
C. out of trouble D. ask for trouble
9. The way my father thought of______enough money was to sell the horse and the house.
A. getting B. to get C. got D. getting
10. He______leave when an old friend of his dropped in.
A. would B. was going to
C. was about to D. would like to
11. The soldier had a______gun wound.
Comrade Liu Hulan died a glorious______ .
He said that the living must continue the work of the______ .
A. die B. dead C. deadly D. death
12. They are______little boys______they can't do the work well.
He is______clever a boy______he can do the work well. ......